Nighthawk Wallet Design & Development ‘21
Updated December 4, 2021
|Auto-shielding (receive funds on T-addrs and send to Z-addrs)||Done||Auto-Shielding is live for funds received in T-address after 10 network confirmations.|
|ZIP-321 Add Payment URI support + Deep Link integration||50%||QR Scan support and Deep Link URI integration to be compatible with ZecPages is available for Android|
|ZIP-316 NU5 support + Unified Addresses||Milestone 3 with Q1 launch||https://github.com/zcash/zips/blob/master/zip-0316.rst|
|Publish Nighthawk Wallet on the F-Droid Store||Done||Aim to have approval for “No Anti-features” flag, removed un-necessary Google dependencies, work in progress towards integrating builds within Fdroid Server after successful continuos integration with Bitrise https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/15|
|New User onboarding & tutorial||Planned for Milestone 3||This task will be undertaken after the UX design changes along with Unified Addresses is completed https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/30|
|Optional backup of seed words||50%||Available on Android|
|Support language translations for top 10 languages||10%||Evaluated several language translation services, Planned Milestone 3 https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/28|
|Resolve 0 balance bug on Android||Done||https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/27|
|Add option to Rescan wallet to debug issues||Done||Rescan option added under Profile for easy debugging of issues https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/223|
|View USD value of ZEC balance||50%||Initial Zcash balance polling via proxy server querying Gemini Exchange on a per minute basis was completed. An updated integration to get the ZEC/USD price via lightwalletd service is being developed. https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/231|
|Update Transaction Details Screen||Done||https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/239|
|Refactor Send Transaction flow on Android||Planned for Milestone 2||Support for Unified Addresses + https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/245|
|Accessibility fixes on iOS||Done||Fixed device Home Screen issue https://github.com/zcash/zcash-ios-wallet/issues/252|
|Add in-app message to notify users of any known issues with the app or the network||Done||Updated Banner with Network & Auto-shielding statushttps://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/31|
|Integrate Flexa Spend SDK||5%||Shared Nighthawk’s requirements (to not initialize the library till the user opts in) with Flexa team, waiting on the availability of the release to start this work (target Milestone 3) https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/32|
|Add exchange support (optional)||50%||Added MoonPay support in Android and plan forward for Zcash Thorchain Integration for Native Swap integration within Nightawk https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/33|
|Finish & Publish “We Accept Zcash” on App Store (optional)||TBD||Depending on bandwidth & SDK support for Unified Address https://github.com/zcash-hackworks/we-accept-zcash-ios|
|UX Group Study||December 2021||Design feedback sessions on Nighthawk Android to study areas to improve upon|
|Redesign App Theme and elements||In-progress||Logo updated, Design Sprint Nov-Feb ‘22|
Version 1.0.32 (2021-12-04)
- Fix tx confirmation count.
- Update checkpoints, Zcash SDK & dependencies.
Version 1.0.31 (2021-11-21)
- Add support to swap coins via StealthEx.io
- Upgrade dependencies and PDF export support library.
Version 1.0.30 (2021-11-08)
- Long tap on transaction under Wallet History now copies tx. id to clipboard.
- Fix char count when typing memo.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.29 (2021-10-27)
- Add support to Buy ZEC via MoonPay.
- Auto Shielding fixes.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.28 (2021-09-19)
- Improve Auto-Shielding.
- Decode memo field when scanning URIs.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.27 (2021-09-05)
- Improve Auto-Shielding.
- Fix test-net build variants.
- Upgrade dependencies to target Android 12.
Version 1.0.26 (2021-08-21)
- NEW: Scan QR codes support on ZecPages.com
- NEW: Deep Link integration with Zcash URI for Payments & Memos.
- Add support for ZIP-321 with single output Zcash URI.
- Minor UI fixes & cleanup.
- Upgrade Gradle and Android dependencies.
Version 1.0.25 (2021-08-10)
- Fix error messaging when sending funds.
- Upgrade Zcash SDK & dependencies.
Version 1.0.24 (2021-08-08)
- NEW: Set up Pin code and Face/Touch ID to access the wallet.
Version 1.0.23 (2021-08-07)
- Fix scan error.
- Fix fastlane setup.
Version 1.0.22 (2021-08-06)
- Upgrade SDK & dependencies.
- Auto-Shielding improvements & UI fixes.
- Add fastlane setup.
Version 1.0.21 (2021-07-25)
- New: Export Wallet Seed Words to a Password Protected PDF.
- New: Default to ZcashBlockExplorer.com for tx details.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.20 (2021-07-12)
- New: Added workflow for automatically shielding funds.
- New: Automatically recover from more network failure states.
- New: Link to play store from the build number.
- New: Hide available/total toggle when there are no pending funds.
- New: Updated checkpoints for mainnet and testnet.
- New: Address tabs with t-address support [Credit @herou].
- New: Balance details screen [Credit @herou].
- New: Better balance information around unmined transactions.
- New: Add toggle to show available vs. total funds.
- New: Auto-shielding via balance details screen.
- Fix: Expand tappable area for showing the balance details.
- Fix: Off by one error when calculating confirmations.
- Fix: Do not show time in transaction details for pending transactions.
- Fix: Repaired QR scanning on older devices (below API 24).
- Fix: Several of the most frequent crashes reported in bugsnag.
- Fix: Corrected over-sized icon in history.
- Fix: History no longer displays negative balance during initial sync.
- Fix: Errors that prevented sync from working in some situations.
- Fix: Improved support for smaller screens and older devices.
- Update ECC & Android dependencies.
Version 1.0.19 (2021-05-13)
- Hotfix: Remove un-used flags during wallet creation.
Version 1.0.18 (2021-05-08)
- Add the ability to rescan or wipe the wallet for troubleshooting.
- Fix issue when syncing transactions after sending MAX balance out of wallet.
- Update ECC dependencies.
Version 1.0.17 (2021-03-31)
- Switch price endpoint to api.lightwalletd.com
Version 1.0.16 (2021-03-24)
- Better handling around unsatisfied link errors.
Version 1.0.15 (2021-03-21)
- Fix block rescan error.
Version 1.0.14 (2021-03-17)
- Connect to lightwalletd.com service funded by ZOMG.
- Remove Google Services dependency.
- Support QR code scan on ZecPages.
Version 1.0.13 (2021-01-24)
- Fix crash in magicsnakeloader.
- Handle NumberFormatException.
- Add donation address under Settings.
Version 1.0.12 (2021-01-20)
- Fix crash when restoring wallet.
Version 1.0.11 (2021-01-18)
- Add price query via Nighthawk Server Cached Proxy.
- Update dependencies & Zcash-SDK.
Version 1.0.10 (2021-01-01)
- Fix: Use LockBox Server Settings.
- Update dependencies for material and lottie libs.
Version 1.0.9 (2020-12-20)
- New: Upgrade to the latest Zcash SDK.
- New: Implement ZIP-313, reducing the default fee from 10,000 to 1,000 zats.
- New: Adds authentication prior to viewing backup seed words.
- Fix: Repaired the upgrade flow, which could not reorg because of missing birthday height
- Fix: Repaired create wallet flow which was being covered by the loading screen
- Fix: Authentication bugs on older devices that were preventing sends and mishandling cancels.
- Fix: Users can now upgrade from seed-only prior versions without crashing or needing to restore.
- Fix: Improved internal metrics for troubleshooting issues.
- Fix: Correct race condition when launching the app
- Fix: Display loading screen while waiting for app to initialize
- Add translations for Spanish, Italian, Korea, Russian and Chinese
Version 1.0.8 (2020-11-15)
- Enable deshielding ZEC transaction z -> t
- Update dependencies and gradle build setup
- Simplify Send transaction flow
- Fix importing of wallets with birthday heights after 1,000,000 blocks
- Minor UI Niceties
Version 1.0.7 (2020-08-29)
- Switch default lightwalletd server to Nighthawk’s own no-Logs, non-US based server
- Theming & copy updates
- Update dependencies
- Fix MaterialButton styling
Version 1.0.6 (2020-08-24)
- Update to latest librustzcash SDK lib & android dependencies
- Fix New Wallet creation
- Fix SideShift affiliate url
- Fix Donate to Nighthawk copy address
- Add Biometric support
- Add shortcut for auto-fill amount for memo
- Improve compatibility with memo reply-to formats
- Support precise birthday heights for faster restore
- Switch to Reply-To standard for memos
Version 1.0.5 (2020-08-01)
- Revamp Wallet UI, add Zash info link
- Update donation address, add SideShift.ai integration
- Default to ZecWallet server, Thanks @adityapk!
- Upgrade NDK version, Strigify resources and optimize layouts.
Version 1.0.4 (2020-07-22)
- Fix a bug in resolving transaction history
Version 1.0.3 (2020-07-20)
- New Settings screen with the ability to point to a lighthttpd server of user’s choice.
- Switch to “Reply-To” from “sent-from” because the former underscores the idea that the given address is not necessarily the address that originated the transaction.
- Update dependencies and secure the lighthttpd setting via EncryptedSharedPreferences
- Add Donation address
Version 1.0.2 (2020-07-09)
- Remove Feedback Module, Crashlytics & Mixpanel libs
- Fix SSL handshake failure
- Fix for bad QR scan & Navigation after sending ZEC.
Version 1.0.1 (2020-07-01)
- Resolved a critical bug where an EU locale or alternative keyboards defaults to , for decimal on the Send screen and the mobile SDK ignores the denominator on the input screen
- Added further instances of Nighthawk branding (h/t @imichaelmiers)
- Fixes the cursor position resetting to 0 when there’s a space on either side of the address field (h/t @CrystalPony)
- Updates dependencies
Version 1.0.0 (2020-06-16)
- Repackage to Nighthawk Wallet
- Removed Analytics Reporting
- Changed package naming & logo
- Removed Send Feedback
- Block sending tx to t addr