Nighthawk Wallet Design & Development ‘21
Last Updated January 1, 2022
|Auto-shielding (receive funds on T-addrs and send to Z-addrs)||Done||Auto-Shielding is live for funds received in T-address after 10 network confirmations.|
|ZIP-321 Add Payment URI support + Deep Link integration||50%||QR Scan support and Deep Link URI integration to be compatible with ZecPages is available for Android|
|ZIP-316 NU5 support + Unified Addresses||Planned for NU5 upgrade||https://github.com/zcash/zips/blob/master/zip-0316.rst|
|Publish Nighthawk Wallet on the F-Droid Store||Done||Aim to have approval for “No Anti-features” flag, removed un-necessary Google dependencies, work in progress towards integrating builds within Fdroid Server after successful continuos integration with Bitrise https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/15|
|New User onboarding & tutorial||In-progress||This task will be undertaken after the UX design changes along with Unified Addresses is completed https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/30|
|Optional backup of seed words||50%||Available on Android|
|Support language translations for top 10 languages||In-progress||Evaluated several language translation services https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/28|
|Resolve 0 balance bug on Android||Done||https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/27|
|Add option to Rescan wallet to debug issues||Done||Rescan option added under Profile for easy debugging of issues https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/223|
|View USD value of ZEC balance||50%||Initial Zcash balance polling via proxy server querying Gemini Exchange on a per minute basis was completed. An updated integration to get the ZEC/USD price via lightwalletd service is being developed. https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/231|
|Update Transaction Details Screen||Done||https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/239|
|Refactor Send Transaction flow on Android||Planned for NU5 upgrade||Support for Unified Addresses + https://github.com/zcash/zcash-android-wallet/issues/245|
|Accessibility fixes on iOS||Done||Fixed device Home Screen issue https://github.com/zcash/zcash-ios-wallet/issues/252|
|Add in-app message to notify users of any known issues with the app or the network||Done||Updated Banner with Network & Auto-shielding statushttps://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/31|
|Integrate Flexa Spend SDK||5%||Shared Nighthawk’s requirements (to not initialize the library till the user opts in) with Flexa team, waiting on the availability of the release to start this work https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/32|
|Add exchange support (optional)||50%||Added MoonPay support in Android and plan forward for Zcash Thorchain Integration for Native Swap integration within Nightawk https://github.com/nighthawk-apps/nighthawk-wallet-android/issues/33|
|Finish & Publish “We Accept Zcash” on App Store (optional)||TBD||Depending on bandwidth & SDK support for Unified Address https://github.com/zcash-hackworks/we-accept-zcash-ios|
|UX Group Study||In-progress||Design feedback sessions on Nighthawk Android to study areas to improve upon|
|Redesign App Theme and elements||In-progress||Logo updated, Design Sprint Nov-Feb ‘22|
Version 1.0.32 (2021-12-04)
- Fix tx confirmation count.
- Update checkpoints, Zcash SDK & dependencies.
Version 1.0.31 (2021-11-21)
- Add support to swap coins via StealthEx.io
- Upgrade dependencies and PDF export support library.
Version 1.0.30 (2021-11-08)
- Long tap on transaction under Wallet History now copies tx. id to clipboard.
- Fix char count when typing memo.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.29 (2021-10-27)
- Add support to Buy ZEC via MoonPay.
- Auto Shielding fixes.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.28 (2021-09-19)
- Improve Auto-Shielding.
- Decode memo field when scanning URIs.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.27 (2021-09-05)
- Improve Auto-Shielding.
- Fix test-net build variants.
- Upgrade dependencies to target Android 12.
Version 1.0.26 (2021-08-21)
- NEW: Scan QR codes support on ZecPages.com
- NEW: Deep Link integration with Zcash URI for Payments & Memos.
- Add support for ZIP-321 with single output Zcash URI.
- Minor UI fixes & cleanup.
- Upgrade Gradle and Android dependencies.
Version 1.0.25 (2021-08-10)
- Fix error messaging when sending funds.
- Upgrade Zcash SDK & dependencies.
Version 1.0.24 (2021-08-08)
- NEW: Set up Pin code and Face/Touch ID to access the wallet.
Version 1.0.23 (2021-08-07)
- Fix scan error.
- Fix fastlane setup.
Version 1.0.22 (2021-08-06)
- Upgrade SDK & dependencies.
- Auto-Shielding improvements & UI fixes.
- Add fastlane setup.
Version 1.0.21 (2021-07-25)
- New: Export Wallet Seed Words to a Password Protected PDF.
- New: Default to ZcashBlockExplorer.com for tx details.
- Upgrade dependencies.
Version 1.0.20 (2021-07-12)
- New: Added workflow for automatically shielding funds.
- New: Automatically recover from more network failure states.
- New: Link to play store from the build number.
- New: Hide available/total toggle when there are no pending funds.
- New: Updated checkpoints for mainnet and testnet.
- New: Address tabs with t-address support [Credit @herou].
- New: Balance details screen [Credit @herou].
- New: Better balance information around unmined transactions.
- New: Add toggle to show available vs. total funds.
- New: Auto-shielding via balance details screen.
- Fix: Expand tappable area for showing the balance details.
- Fix: Off by one error when calculating confirmations.
- Fix: Do not show time in transaction details for pending transactions.
- Fix: Repaired QR scanning on older devices (below API 24).
- Fix: Several of the most frequent crashes reported in bugsnag.
- Fix: Corrected over-sized icon in history.
- Fix: History no longer displays negative balance during initial sync.
- Fix: Errors that prevented sync from working in some situations.
- Fix: Improved support for smaller screens and older devices.
- Update ECC & Android dependencies.
Version 1.0.19 (2021-05-13)
- Hotfix: Remove un-used flags during wallet creation.
Version 1.0.18 (2021-05-08)
- Add the ability to rescan or wipe the wallet for troubleshooting.
- Fix issue when syncing transactions after sending MAX balance out of wallet.
- Update ECC dependencies.
Version 1.0.17 (2021-03-31)
- Switch price endpoint to api.lightwalletd.com
Version 1.0.16 (2021-03-24)
- Better handling around unsatisfied link errors.
Version 1.0.15 (2021-03-21)
- Fix block rescan error.
Version 1.0.14 (2021-03-17)
- Connect to lightwalletd.com service funded by ZOMG.
- Remove Google Services dependency.
- Support QR code scan on ZecPages.
Version 1.0.13 (2021-01-24)
- Fix crash in magicsnakeloader.
- Handle NumberFormatException.
- Add donation address under Settings.
Version 1.0.12 (2021-01-20)
- Fix crash when restoring wallet.
Version 1.0.11 (2021-01-18)
- Add price query via Nighthawk Server Cached Proxy.
- Update dependencies & Zcash-SDK.
Version 1.0.10 (2021-01-01)
- Fix: Use LockBox Server Settings.
- Update dependencies for material and lottie libs.
Version 1.0.9 (2020-12-20)
- New: Upgrade to the latest Zcash SDK.
- New: Implement ZIP-313, reducing the default fee from 10,000 to 1,000 zats.
- New: Adds authentication prior to viewing backup seed words.
- Fix: Repaired the upgrade flow, which could not reorg because of missing birthday height
- Fix: Repaired create wallet flow which was being covered by the loading screen
- Fix: Authentication bugs on older devices that were preventing sends and mishandling cancels.
- Fix: Users can now upgrade from seed-only prior versions without crashing or needing to restore.
- Fix: Improved internal metrics for troubleshooting issues.
- Fix: Correct race condition when launching the app
- Fix: Display loading screen while waiting for app to initialize
- Add translations for Spanish, Italian, Korea, Russian and Chinese
Version 1.0.8 (2020-11-15)
- Enable deshielding ZEC transaction z -> t
- Update dependencies and gradle build setup
- Simplify Send transaction flow
- Fix importing of wallets with birthday heights after 1,000,000 blocks
- Minor UI Niceties
Version 1.0.7 (2020-08-29)
- Switch default lightwalletd server to Nighthawk’s own no-Logs, non-US based server
- Theming & copy updates
- Update dependencies
- Fix MaterialButton styling
Version 1.0.6 (2020-08-24)
- Update to latest librustzcash SDK lib & android dependencies
- Fix New Wallet creation
- Fix SideShift affiliate url
- Fix Donate to Nighthawk copy address
- Add Biometric support
- Add shortcut for auto-fill amount for memo
- Improve compatibility with memo reply-to formats
- Support precise birthday heights for faster restore
- Switch to Reply-To standard for memos
Version 1.0.5 (2020-08-01)
- Revamp Wallet UI, add Zash info link
- Update donation address, add SideShift.ai integration
- Default to ZecWallet server, Thanks @adityapk!
- Upgrade NDK version, Strigify resources and optimize layouts.
Version 1.0.4 (2020-07-22)
- Fix a bug in resolving transaction history
Version 1.0.3 (2020-07-20)
- New Settings screen with the ability to point to a lighthttpd server of user’s choice.
- Switch to “Reply-To” from “sent-from” because the former underscores the idea that the given address is not necessarily the address that originated the transaction.
- Update dependencies and secure the lighthttpd setting via EncryptedSharedPreferences
- Add Donation address
Version 1.0.2 (2020-07-09)
- Remove Feedback Module, Crashlytics & Mixpanel libs
- Fix SSL handshake failure
- Fix for bad QR scan & Navigation after sending ZEC.
Version 1.0.1 (2020-07-01)
- Resolved a critical bug where an EU locale or alternative keyboards defaults to , for decimal on the Send screen and the mobile SDK ignores the denominator on the input screen
- Added further instances of Nighthawk branding (h/t @imichaelmiers)
- Fixes the cursor position resetting to 0 when there’s a space on either side of the address field (h/t @CrystalPony)
- Updates dependencies
Version 1.0.0 (2020-06-16)
- Repackage to Nighthawk Wallet
- Removed Analytics Reporting
- Changed package naming & logo
- Removed Send Feedback
- Block sending tx to t addr